Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not long to go now.....

Yeah, like it says, not long to go now! Only a few more weeks and we'll be doing our thing in Wanaka. With approximately 7 weeks to go I think it's time to step it up a notch with the swim training. The plan now is to swim 5 to 6 days a week and taper off with about a week to go, doing a couple of BIG swims in those 5 to 6 days. It's all good.

Just returned to Tauranga from Taupo where I went and introduced Anna to some very good friends of mine, do a spot of training last night and a very nice lake swim session this morning.
The Great Lake Cycle Challenge was yesterday and our mate Paul Miller did the enduro ride and kicked it's arse. For someone who cycled 320 km in about 11 and a quarter hours, he swam bloody well in the lake this morning. Well done Paul, you certainly can be very proud of yourself.

As for my training, it's been ok, not mind blowing, exceptional, or excellent - just ok. Some aspects of my training havn't been too shit hot, but I'm certainly not going to panic. Steady as she goes I think.

Well that's about it from me. I look forward to sharing the next 6 weeks of my training with you all.

Have a good week.

Mr Tua

No comments:

Post a Comment