Wednesday, December 30, 2009

17 days to go

Only 17 days to go then it's all on for young and old! I'm looking forward to it to say the least. I looked at the athletes list and saw that there are 76 teams in our race. That's a lot of teams don't you think? I know we'll do our best and we all have something to race for now after hearing that our rider lost her coach last week. Be strong Katrina - I know you're riding in memory of your coach and we'll be right there with you.



Christmas was a pretty quiet affair this year which was nice. Just chilled out, ate too much and had a laugh. All good. Shame I had to go to work on Boxing Day, but you do what you have to, don't you?



All up last week to Sunday I had clocked up 19.3 km in the pool, which was pleasing but at the same time, taxing. Had a small swim last night of 2.5km and will be heading off for another swim shortly. It seems weird to say I had a small swim of only 2.5 km. When I first began on this journey, 2.5 km was a huge swim for me, but now it seems like nothing at all.
I'm looking forward to having a lake swim on Sunday at the Blue Lake in Rotorua. I'll be doing 4 km and hope to time it so I can get some sort of gauge as to where I am with 2 weeks to go.

Have decided to take my pedals and shoes etc, to ChCh so I can do some other training apart from swimming for the Ohope tri in Feb.

Well.... to my peeps who follow this, have a great New Year to you all and your families. Be safe and see you in 2010... (2days).

No comments:

Post a Comment